* Outfitted *

One of the recurring trends in the fall collections is over-the-knee socks. I wanted to see if I could design an outfit using the trend without looking like a little girl. First off, the biggest problem is keeping the socks up where they belong (this is why they invented pantyhose and garter belts!).

I received these blue lace over-the-knee trouser socks when I was probably 12, from my late auntie Louise. They are really thin, and fall down almost immediately without help. I decided to use a plain pair of cream over-the-knee socks to act as a base. The cream socks are tighter to the leg, so they stay up easier. You can't even tell that there are two socks. ta-da!



The rest of the outfit I wanted to keep plain. The belt adds a little interest and gives some shape to the waist. I felt pretty comfortable in it, and only had to hike up my socks a couple of times. I approve of this trend. However, it could very easily go very wrong.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

JUST ME said...

CUTE.

Please do more fashion things. I love seeing live people in real fashion. :)

Laura said...

Great outfit! I think the trick is to go for the preppy look. I would be afraid of it going very wrong and looking like a hooker.