* Friends *

My wonderful friend Jess (and avid commenter on this blog) has an interesting and funny post today about sacrificing your own personal vision as an artist in order to make money, in whatever form that would take.

"I suppose this is what every artist struggles with; we can serve ourselves up on a silver plate, quivering and real - or we can wrap ourselves in cheap leopard print and make a couple million.

At this point, I still want to believe I'll make those millions (and I do mean millions) without totally whoring myself out...but if this goes on for much longer, don't be surprised if I'm slipping on those five inch heels and giving them a literary lap dance."

Jess always has a way of describing things that immediately puts a hilarious picture in my head. The "literary lap dance" image is still making me laugh. Check out her blog here.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1 comment:

JUST ME said...

You are too kind.

You know what always makes me laugh? Remembering us sitting side by side on our little NYC couch, wearing gloves, eating Ben and Jerry's at like 10 PM on a Tuesday.

I'm going to Blogroll you, by the way. :)